Wet-green thumbs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kellyjofl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
A funny thing hit me today. I have loved to grow things my whole life... I have beautiful gardens around my house, tons of live plants in my house, and my husband farms... but I have silk plants in my aquarium! I am a total coward when it comes to live plants there. I bought a live plant once; it died and made a total mess.

I have two tanks right now, a 55 with two, 4 y/o angelfish and a corey. The other, a 20, is totally boring with 3 hatchet fish and a corey.

I am ready to get my green thumb wet, but totally clueless as where to start. I look forward to reading your posts and learning from everyone.

Kelly in sunny Florda

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome! The article that Meegosh linked is excellent. Pay particular attention to the lighting section - that is where most folks new to planted tanks fall short. If you start with proper lighting (it doesn't have to be powerful enough to cook your plants and require a high tech setup), it makes things a lot easier. A nice, low light setup with low maintenance plants is easy to manage. Best of luck! If you have a green thumb, you are really going to enjoy aquatic plants once you get into them. The challenges can be enormous, but the variety and intricacies are rewarding.

Back
Top Bottom