Yahoo for fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moneymike0311

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
After watching my mom raise Tetras and various other freshwater fish, I decided to set up a 10 gallon with Neons, Rummy Noses, and Glass Cats; a 8 gallon hex with a couple dwarf Gouramis and a Clown Pleco.

I just got a book today on how to raise aquatic plants, so I'm hoping to make my tank look great and start raising plants to sell to the LFS.

I really want to invest in a 50 gallon or maybe a little bigger and get some Discus (after a lot of research).

This forum is rad. Feed me.....

Mike

This is definitely the place to learn and I've noticed the experts here have a TON of experience and are very willing to help people succeed.

Welcome to AA!

I encourage you to read up on fishless cycles before you start your tank. This will give your first fish the best start on life in your home.

Discus can be a bit difficult to care for. Good for you in doing your research before purchasing!

Thanks guys and gals,
I was fortunate enough to be told about fishless cycling before I introduced my fish into the tank. I cycled for two weeks with plants before adding any fish. Another quick question, I have 10 neons and 4 rummies in my ten 10 gallon.

Some of the neons started chasing each other around yesterday (I added 5 new ones to the existing 5 I originally had). Ph is 6.8, Water hardness is moderately soft. What are some possible explanations? Do I have to many fish in my tank?

I have 10 neons, 4 rummies, 3 glass cats and a clown pleco. Don't worry about hurting my feelings, I just want to know how to help the little dudes in my tank.

They might be a little crowded, this can bring out agressive behavior. (Might also be foreplay, but not likely in a crowded tank.) If your LFS will take some of them back for store credit, that would be your best option. They won't likely hurt each other, it's normal behavior. Keep an eye out for nipped fins, if fins get damaged then you need to worry.

Back
Top Bottom