100 Watts heater enough for 29 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not any petsmart I've ever seen. 29 gallons run about $45 last I saw. "Started Kit" 29 gallons are $99.

In particular, a cheap low quality heater is more likely to go bad and possible cook all your fish in the process. And a lot quality filter could have flowrate issues or provide terrible filtering.

The filter that came with my 29 gallon tank from Wal-Mart barely moved any water at all. It certainly seems to move less water than my Top Fin 20, which is only supposed to move 100 gph rather than 160 gph.

I bought my 29 with flourescent hood at petsmart it was $99 I have yet to see a 29 with hood for $45 ;)

I had to have the wood grain too maybe thats why. I didnt want plain black. this was over 3 years ago too.

I slapped in a UGF with two power heads and a small HOB with extended intake tube. havent had a problem yet ;)

This past fall my girlfriend wanted to get a fishtank but didn't want to spend a whole lot of money. So with what she had, we went to wal mart and bought the 29 gallon tank. The filter, like someone mentioned earlier is kinda crappy, since being that big, has no place for bacteria, and doesn't come thru with the gph like it should. The heater that came with is is mid grade as well. For christmas i bought her a 55 gallon tank etc etc, and she gave me her 29 gallon tank. I had a disease running wild in my tank just this past week, and the whimpy heater they include wasn't man enough to do the job, (turned all the way up it couldn't even get the 29 gallon tank to a measly 84 degrees). I then went and bought a new 150 watt heater with a visable temperature adjuster on it (in increments of 1 degrees), and this sucker keeps the tank at the temperature RIGHT where i set it to. I love this heater. It is a Marineland Visitherm deluxe, i got it at my LFS for a mere $20.99!

Back
Top Bottom