150 gallon tank equipment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Agnate80700

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I bought a 150 gallon tank and had it drilled for 2 over flows. It will have probably 30 gallon, possibly bigger (55ish) sump/fuge.

So until I set it up this aug, I need to pick up some equipment.

First things Im looking at are:

1) a RO/DI unit. Not really sure about this item. What should I consider?
2) a skimmer. I have a coralife superskimmer on my 30gal right now, and it works fine, but is there a better brand for a 150+gal rated skimmer?
3) return pump. what brand/GPH should I be looking at?
3) power heads. I know tunze makes good ones, what size/type thought? And is there a possible consideration for a cheeper brand that will do waves and stuff like that?

Whats a well-priced online store?

1. You can get a nice 110GPD RO/DI from filterdirect on ebay for cheap.
2. Check out the AquaC EV or EuroReef RS ( I have the euro reef and im very happy with it ).
3. That depends on your overflows. For brands check out MagDrive, I havent had any problems with mine.
4. If you want waves a DIY closed loop with a SCWD is about as cheap as it gets. Otherwise check out Hydor and SEIO pumps.

MarineDepot.com, drfosterssmith.com, theres a few im sure I forgot.

1. ok good deal on the ebay idea.
2. My lfs has a euroreef for $150 used. Should I pick that up?
3. I have 2 either 1 or 1.25 inch bulkeads (it was 1.5inch holes drilled) in the back and they will have elbow overflows.
4. what is SCWD?

Do you know what size bulkhead for sure? Because 1.25 flows a little over 100GPH more than 1" bulkheads at the water column hight I am guessing, they are drilled at the top? Or at the bottom for use with an overflow box.

I would check out the ER and make sure it works, what model? SCWD is a wavemaker.

Back
Top Bottom