180g In Wall Construction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This isn't a bad idea and one worth considering, at least trying out. I cannot for the life of me remember how high I placed the bubble control baffles to open it up like you asked. Removing that center baffle would be a night mare!

R-

Looks like pretty quality work on that sump creation. That one of yours sumphead?

Yeah, that is a nice sump. However, after testing the plumbing, I realized that the return chamber maybe a little too small. I can't do a 5% water change with my pump on.

Anyone has any input of the plumbing configuration I was thinking??

Wow, I never would have thought that, but it is very true. If the level drops more than probaby 10 gallons the pump, will run dry. Hmmm, don't sweat it, we can find a fix. I am working on it.

R-

I turn my pump off for a water change. The sump fills but doesn't overflow, as it should. I then have markings on the side of the tank for 4, 10 and 15 gallon water changes. I fill the sump and turn the sump return pump back on. Now I'm trying to size a fill pump to match my return pump so I don't run dry in there. I have an old rio 2100 I'm going to try tomorrow.

WOW!!! Great documentation and what an amazing sump. Nice work. I can't wait to graduate college and get a "real" job so I can afford projects like that. Very nice!!! :smilecolros:

Heineken said:
I can't wait to graduate college and get a "real" job so I can afford projects like that. Very nice!!! :smilecolros:

I hate to break it to you, but when you graduate college and get a "real" job, your not going to have ANY money at all.

LOL

Save your money now my friend. because you will soon be dealing with house payments, bills, car payments, bills, insurance, student loans, bills, food, gas, bills, etc, etc, etc.

cmor1701d said:
Now I'm trying to size a fill pump to match my return pump so I don't run dry in there. I have an old rio 2100 I'm going to try tomorrow.

Probably not a big deal in a big tank but when doing water changes while filling in the tank with fresh salt water, I would think that it is not as ideal since some of this new water may end up in your water change bucket.

It amazing how much diapers my 2 little boy use a day and how much I spent on diapers and wipe. Can you imagine buying something that you going to throw in the trash........ :?

Ok, back to the tank, I notice last night that my YT in my 46g has a black spot near the tail :( . This is the first time I noticed it. Doesn't seem like he is suffering at all. He still eats well and swim well like normal. Hope he is ok.

Over the weekend, I had my skimmer stand built and also got 70lbs of LR from a local reefers here. The LR is Marshall Island LR and will be my main LR in the 180g Tank. I forgot to take pictures of the LR but am pretty happy with the shape and sizes. It is in my 32g Brute for cooking now. It will be there for another 2 months.

My YT passed away yesterday. I think it due to black Ich since I saw the black spot. I don't understand why there is Ick though. The YT had been with me for a year, a sad loss....

my YT developed black ich once out of nowhere, about 6 monhts after i originally purchased him. Fortunately the sixline wrasse decided to do some cleaning on the YT and removed all of the ich. The YT would follow the sixline around the tank and then hover, waiting for him to pick the ich off. it was very cool.

The ich hasn't shown up since, and that was 5 months ago.

Jim

I has a cleaner shrimp, but I guess it didn't help this time. I observed closely last night on my 2 clown fish and seem like they are not affected at all. I am keeping my finger cross.

I am just blaming myself not to discover the black spot earlier. If so, I could do a QT and try to recover. Well, I must have spent too much time on my 180g and neglect my 46g.

Back
Top Bottom