72bow front tank broke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Droneshooter

Aquarium Advice Regular
As the tittle says I have a 72gallon bow front tank and the top center cross brace broke how do I fix it

Also the tank is empty so no worries about my fish

go to your local hardward store, by a 10-12 inch piece of stainless steel "back strapping" (its an inch-wide thin strap of metal.) then simply line it up with your center brace, run 3-4 screws through it AND the plastic center brace, then cut a piece of 2x4 wood and then simply drill some scresws through the metal piece into the wood, push it up against the wall, and fill with water....tada!! problem solved. i will mention that for this to work, you will have to have the wood block wedged between the wall and tank, or else it wont hold. if you need a pic of mine i can upload it later tn

Idk if I want a piece of 2x4 behind my tank

I think I'm just gonna try and replace the entire plastic trim on top of the tank

if its the brown color with the wood design on it, ive already talked to aqueon and they don't offer that trim anymore, they still have black, but not the brown.

Back
Top Bottom