A question about filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NascarPaul

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55 gal,it has been cycling 4 weeks,i am running an aqua-tech 30-60,with a 330gph flow.My brother who has a 135 gal,was running 2 emperor 400's in his and he bought a new 400,so he brought me his old one to see if it will help with the cycling.My question is i have them both set on the lowest flow settings,can i be getting too much filtration?I know that the more the better....to a point.Just wondering if I have exceeded that point.Any opinions would be greatly appreciated,Tia,

NascarPaul

No, you can never have too much filteration, Crank up the 400, she's a wonderful hob filter. Just be sure to use the bio wheels. I personally have a 400 and a penguin 170 on my 55 gal. Thought about a penguin 330 but decided no need when the 400 does the job and the 170 is just for extra circulation. :D

Thanks justmy2cents,didnt think it would hurt...he brought me the bio wheels and media he was running in his tank......crank the 400 and leave the 330 on low flow?Thats what i was thinking,Thanks again,
NascarPaul

I'd crank both of them :lol: . If it gets to be too much then turn it down but I don't think it will be.

is this a planted tank, paul? if not, i would leave them both on full flow. the only time i would think it would create a problem is if them outflow is blowing the poor fish around... other than that, filter away!

Back
Top Bottom