AquaC Remora HOT in sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't see why not. The only problem I see is that the water level is likely far below the rim whereas a tank has water close to the top. That could affect the output of the pump since it has to pump higher above the water level. There will also be more noise from the waterfall but that can be easily fixed.

same idea and setup almost ...

I pretty much have the same setup as bckane but I have a 46g tank. I bought a 20 gallon glass tank and an H.O.T overflow and I was thinking of putting my Romara aqua C in the sump area as well. I'd remove the prefilter box and extend the intake tube for the MJ1200 PH that feeds the skimmer so it's lower in the sump .

Gatorfreak - how can you quiet down the water fall affect and noise that would be coming out of the skimmer because I think you would be right, the water level would be lower than if it hung on the tank it self.

Gatorfreak said:
I don't see why not. The only problem I see is that the water level is likely far below the rim whereas a tank has water close to the top. That could affect the output of the pump since it has to pump higher above the water level. There will also be more noise from the waterfall but that can be easily fixed.

what about if I extend the draw tube...making the pump deeper into the water....say like adding 3"..or just remove the maxi 1200 and place it on the tank floor and run flex tubing back to the skimmer

For quieting the waterfall, I was thinking you'd just extend the little ramp that the water goes down with some plastic, acrylic, or whatever. So the water would just run down that and never fall.

exactly just extend the ramp. Works great then extend the intake tube with a piece of tubing. Just be sure to keep the pump clean as the extra head pressure can hurt performance whenthe pump gets dirty. Clean it every other month to be safe.

my remora is not hanging on the side of the sump. It is actually complelly in the sump. I just added tubing from the pump to the intake fitting. works lieka champ.

The only problem I see is that the water level is likely far below the rim whereas a tank has water close to the top. That could affect the output of the pump since it has to pump higher above the water level.

I've got my Remora Pro in my sump right now. I bought it before I added a sump to my system and didn't want to spend money on another skimmer (in-sump). When I first added it into the sump, it hardly pulled anything out for a whole month. Even lowering the collection cup all the way down did nothing. I had to raise the water level in the the sump as high as possible before it would finally start pulling anything out. As soon as I did that, it started skimming as well as it did when it was hanging on the back of the display tank.

Back
Top Bottom