AquaClear 100 Flow Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CJBianco

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, Everyone.

I have an AquaClear 110 that's only about two months old. For the last two weeks, the flow has been variable. I can hear it running strong and loud one minute, then it dies down quite a bit and runs weak and quiet the next minute. It seems to go through this cycle every 30 seconds or so. The intake is clear, and I swabbed out the motor with a Q-tip (even though the inside was clean and without gunk). I've also played with the intake tube's adjustable flow, but that doesn't help with the problem. Can anyone tell me what might be the problem and a possible solution?

Thanks in advance,
Christopher

UPDATE: It looks like the intake tube may have been a little off kilter. Readjusted, and the flow is nice and even...for now. =)

Best,
Christopher

UPDATE: It looks like the intake tube may have been a little off kilter. Readjusted, and the flow is nice and even...for now. =)

Best,
Christopher

Good to hear you fixed your problem quickly. It also helps to clean out the impeller and put some Vaseline on it. This helps to make it run a lot smoother and it also makes it quieter. Btw don't use Q tips because they leave little hairs in the impeller shaft. Your better off just using your finger or a small tooth brush.

The Vaseline is a great tip. Thanks! And I didn't know about the Q-tips. Thanks for that one too. =)

Best,
Christopher

Back
Top Bottom