Aquaclear 110 algae in the intube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cornstar

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Apparently there had been algae building up in my u-tube and I was wondering if there is anyway to remove it. I do not have another filter for the tank (55g)

If you dont havr the brush get a metal hanger and run a piece of cloth at one end. It will be a little hard to get tge wire around the curve

Aquarium and pet stores. Ebay has them as well. Also, using dry white rice and water helps as well. Just anout a tablespoon or two of rice and enough water to make it mobile. Cover both ends of the tube with your hands, shake vigorously, empty the rice, and rinse well. Will not harm the fish and does a wonderful job.

01n3on said:
Aquarium and pet stores. Ebay has them as well. Also, using dry white rice and water helps as well. Just anout a tablespoon or two of rice and enough water to make it mobile. Cover both ends of the tube with your hands, shake vigorously, empty the rice, and rinse well. Will not harm the fish and does a wonderful job.

Thanks! That sounds like a great substitute. Going to try that tonight!

It works. That is what I used to do, but it is cheapr in the long run to buy an aquarium coil spring filter brush. Rice will get expensive after a while. And don't go for the cheapest one bc the walmart ones and the penn plax ones that come in a three pack tend to fall apart IME

Back
Top Bottom