aquaclear 110 + emperor 400

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cornstar

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I know that no one is going to complain about too much filtration. But i have been using the emporer 400 on my 55g for a while and to be honest I am not too satisfied with the results. there are many fine particle and leftover food in the tank.

From what I recall, my 36g tank was really clear when I had an aqua clear 50 on it.

I was just wondering if the aquaclear 110 will remove the little particles from the water. Also, would having an emperor 400 and aquaclear 110 be sufficent enough for having a malawi tank (roughly 16-18 mbuna cichlids)

I also am having a noise problem with my emperor 400 and hoping that I will not have the same issues with an aquaclear 110.

What is a good price to pay for a brand new aquaclear 110? i currently see one for $54

Also I want to mention that currently I have a pair of kribs and 1 week old frys. Would there be too much flow coming from the filters?

I paid $58 with free shipping from Amazon, it has gone up to $61 since I bought mine at the beginning of this month. I love it! I replaced the carbon with pond filter media, and put a prefilter on the intake. It cleans the water up nicely.

Back
Top Bottom