Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 10-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Thumper828's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 623
Aquaclear 70

Alright.....Retired the Aqueon Quietflow 30.Put the Aquaclear 70 on the Job!!
The aqueon was a good filter and lived up to its name. The Aquaclear has soooo much more media space. Its quiet other than some sort of viberating sound. I'll figure something out for that though here shortly. Of course is hard to beat experience (hint,hint)........................
__________________

__________________
Thumper828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Ian086's Avatar


 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Drogheda, Ireland
Posts: 3,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper828 View Post
Alright.....Retired the Aqueon Quietflow 30.Put the Aquaclear 70 on the Job!!
The aqueon was a good filter and lived up to its name. The Aquaclear has soooo much more media space. Its quiet other than some sort of viberating sound. I'll figure something out for that though here shortly. Of course is hard to beat experience (hint,hint)........................
It might just need to 'break in'. Most HOB's tend to have that issue at first. You could check the impella to make sure it's aligned properly and while you have it out, put some Vaseline on it(impella)....
__________________

__________________
Ian086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Thumper828's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 623
I did do that hoping for a pre-emptive strike. How ever it is very tolerable I am a little ocd on such things. I put a piece of foam in between the actual motor and tank. It vibrates a little when I cut the flow down. I think it needs time to settle in it is only 45 minutes old...lol....
__________________
Thumper828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Ian086's Avatar


 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Drogheda, Ireland
Posts: 3,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper828 View Post
I did do that hoping for a pre-emptive strike. How ever it is very tolerable I am a little ocd on such things. I put a piece of foam in between the actual motor and tank. It vibrates a little when I cut the flow down. I think it needs time to settle in it is only 45 minutes old...lol....
I agree. It can take a few week for them to settle. Aquaclears have a great rep, so I wouldn't worry!!. In a few days, you'll hardly hear it.....
__________________
Ian086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Home of the situation.
Posts: 671
You just need to wait for the slime coat from the BB to cover everything and it'll get noticeably quieter as well.
__________________
Pleco is my middle name
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Thumper828's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 623
Hey,good deal...thanks for the good news. Like I said, its not real bad...just a slight buzz.
__________________
Thumper828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Thumper828's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 623
This aquaclear rocks!! The water is so clear it looks like the fish are swimming in air. I mean unreal clear. Well worth the investment. I thought I had clear water...psshh....Aint no comparison!!!
__________________
Thumper828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Ian086's Avatar


 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Drogheda, Ireland
Posts: 3,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper828 View Post
This aquaclear rocks!! The water is so clear it looks like the fish are swimming in air. I mean unreal clear. Well worth the investment. I thought I had clear water...psshh....Aint no comparison!!!
Add some filter floss and it'll keep it like that.....
__________________
Ian086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:06 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Thumper828's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian086 View Post
Add some filter floss and it'll keep it like that.....
Oh yeah,did and did. I,m gonna run my media configuration by ya'll. Tell me if I can change it up for better results:

First is the original sponge it came with, Second is that blue backin' stuff. I wasn't real sure but I put the blue side down,where the water hits it first. Third is filter floss,Then my purigen. On top is another layer of filter floss, then I took the plastc blue thing (bio-filter) from my aqueon and laid it down. It was covered with the BB,thought I could use that for seed.Then on top I laid the Bio-Max.
Thoughts?.....Advice?...

Thanks again for all the great info and support!!!
__________________
Thumper828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:42 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
bob mccoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: colorado
Posts: 1,441
looks good i have a aquaclear 110 i was thinking about putting on my 75 now i might do it by hearing you lol
__________________

__________________
bob mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aquac, aquaclear, aquaclear 70, clear

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.