Aquaone lighting replacement.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattyj33

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have an aquaone tank with a propose built hood. The hood has a centre bar with 2 hinged flaps either sized to allow access to feed, clean etc. My lighting unit is a T8 which is seperate from the hood and sits in a glass shelf and i want to up grade this.
On the new aquaone models the centre bar in the hood is a T5 lighting unit, what i want to know does anyone know where i can buy the centre bar / T5 lighting unit so i can upgrade my lighting.
I have been to 4 differant store and they all tell me that it isnt in the aquqone parts manual, but i am sure there must be a way to buy one.
This would save me having to remove my hood to fit a over tank unit.
I am based in the UK, so Uk site / shops only please.

I'm not familiar with Aquaone, but have you considered a retrofit kit? I may be wrong, but you could probably just switch the connectors that the bulb plugs into. A couple cuts, some solder, and some heat-shrink tubing, and you should be in business. I don't think you'd need to replace the ballast. Don't go on just my opinion though.

Its a idea that i will keep in mind if a cant find what i am looking for

Back
Top Bottom