Ati hydro sponge filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ant329

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can some please tell me so i can prove my brother wrong..

Hydro sponge filter works good with air pump..
Hydro pro filter series works with power head..

Using the standard hydro filter on a powerhead would eventually destroy filter, and thats why you need the pro series filters.

My bro thinks that the pro series is just an upgraded black filter.. He dosent understand they made a better and stronger filter for use with a power head.

The pro series sponge is coarser than the regular sponge, intended to break down debris over a longer period of time instead of being rinsed out. Biological activity is what breaks down the sponge, not water flowing through it, regardless of whether you use an air pump or powerhead. The pro sponge won't clog quite as fast as the regular will with a powerhead, but will still slow down the flow considerably as it accumulates debris. I use the penguin reverse-flow replacement sponges with aquaclear quickfilter housings for my powerheads and other filters as well. Keeps the intakes from clogging with duckweed or other plant debris.

Back
Top Bottom