Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-07-2005, 11:23 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Brand of heater?

Hi, I'm about to go and buy a heater for my tank. It's 9 gallon. I asked this question (heater) before, but that was for 20g. You, on this forum, has kindly suggested I should go for the visitherm brand. However, I'm unable to get the 50W version of this brand.

Would it dangerous for me to get the 100W version for my small tank, or should I use alternative brands like Tronic or Sera? If so, which one? Thanks in advance.

Old 06-07-2005, 11:57 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to krap101
id go with a ebo or a won brothers. ive only had ebo and tetra(whisper) and the ebo was great! and the tetra kinda sucked.. but the won brothers, ive heard nothing but good things about. also visitherms and other titanium heaters are good i think

Old 06-08-2005, 12:09 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

I wish I could get access to those heaters but I can't. The ones I listed are generally the only one I can access
Old 06-08-2005, 12:51 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to gheitman Send a message via Yahoo to gheitman
I recommend going with a 50W Tronic heater. I have ten of them in nine different tanks and think they are great. I really like the optional heater guard that protects the heaters from breakage and keeps fish from getting burned.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:56 AM   #5
RoK
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to RoK Send a message via MSN to RoK
It shouldn't be dangerous to get a 100W. You should test it for at least 24 hrs (IMO) before using it with fish.
I have a 150W heater on my 20 gallon, it only really needs a 75W. The dial is set to a lower temp than the actual temp it keeps the tank at.
Current fish (includes all 3 running tanks): Polypterids, severums (of which I raised from eggs), gouramis, plecos (gold spot ones & a gurupa), loaches (zebras, yoyos, & a kubotai), macculocchi spotted silver dollars, an African butterfly fish, & Ctenopomas (a leopard & an ansorgii)
RoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 04:43 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to megladonsharky Send a message via MSN to megladonsharky Send a message via Yahoo to megladonsharky
I have seen a good submersible for not too$$ at Petsmart

3-4 gallon with 80gph ... Planted lightly three white clouds ( Birtha Clara and Delila) and some snails (mainly melodys snacks)

9 gallon with 130gph , heated with male betta (Trafalger RIP)Kaden ( a male betta)has moved in, pygmy cory (MaMa) , pitbull pleco(Metal), three preacox rainbows( Annabel, Glitter and Mondo) and various snails...
megladonsharky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eat, eater, heater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com