Brite Lite Kit from AH Supply

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
See my FAQ I have the reasons the rule breaks down there. Also they ship USPS Priority Mail. I normally get my orders 2-3 days after I order. And I live on the opposite coast. If you ordered today you will have it in hand Tuesday I would guess. Monday being a Federal holiday and all.

ah yes...i almost forgot about the holiday...

"when we look at modern man, we have to face the fact that modern man suffers from a kind of poverty of the spirit which stands in glaring contrast to his scientific and technology abundance. we've learned to fly the air like birds; we've learned to swim the seas like fish; and yet, we haven't learned to walk the earth as brothers and sisters"

none was better than he, and few will ever come even close.

WOOOOO!

just completed my 2x55 kit. ordered friday, arrived thursday afternoon while i was in class. total construction time was about 40 minutes (including cleaning up all the packing peanuts.) on a difficulty scale of 1 (able to be done sleeping) to 10 (rage inducing), i'd give this project a 3. everything is included, the wiring diagram is easy to follow and the lights are BRIGHT. i want some just for my room!!! hopefully putting the actual tank together will be as easy :lol:

and now i can finally see what my 29gal looks like with 1.5 wpg, haha...

the canopy for my new tank will probably be built next weekend b/c i have a content analysis research paper due on tuesday...blah...

LOL...i just took out the AHS lights and put the coralife 20watt back in. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! my tank look dark and kinda drab with just 20watts. i love the AHS kit now.

can you tell i'm excited? :wink:

I'm looking at getting the AH Suppy for my 20 Gallon. It's the High Tank. 24 High x 16 Deep. My question is the only kits I see that would fit that size would be the 55 Bright Kit. One kit is going to put me 2.75 wpg. Getting the 2 x 55 would be 5.5 wpg. That's an insane amount of light. Is there such a thing as to much light? I'm wanting to start a freshwater planted.

:morning:

Yeah, I have to say that the diff. between my 1.5 wpg 10G and my 4 wpg 55G is staggering. I don't know how I was able to see fish when my 55G had only 40 Watts on it!! :wink:

haha...how do you think i feel with my 29gal right now? one 20 watt coralife!!! that's < .7 wpg....

A single 55 watt kit on a 20 high will work quite well and allow you to grow a surprising number of plants. I would suggest you start with a single kit. Then if you feel the need for more light add a 2X13 watt kit.

I would agree. I have a 26 gallon bow which is a show type tank and is 21 inches tall. Most of the time I just run a 1x55 watt and even red plants have enough juice. Of course when I feel the need to really see the plants pearling, I bring on the now semi retired Coralife 65 watt in conjuction with the AH55. Then things get popping. You'll be happy with an AH 55 on your twenty tall. I have a 36 watt AH on an 18 Gallon an Anubias nana is loving it. HTH

Back
Top Bottom