bubble wall?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

misscrosson

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey, new here and I just set myself up a 10gallon aqaurium which I purchased second hand...

Anyways, I have a question... how do I make a bubble wall in the back of my aqaurium? I seen you can buy the tubes for it, but how does the air get through the tubes to produce the bubbles? Will I also have to buy some sort of battery?

I'm unsure on the filter on my tank, it's something like an aquaclear type (waterfall) ... how would the tube connect to that?

Please let me know, and feel free to share links as to where I can order and buy the equipment from!

Welcome to the forum!

You will need an airstone and an air pump to get the bubbles.

If you have a picture we can tell you maybe what filter it is or check the lid, I believe AQ says it on the lid.

I'll need both an airstone and a air pump? those just connect to the bubble wand, or whatever the air tubes are called?

I'll check the filter in the morning for it's name

Welcome to AA!

You will need a Air pump (Can find at your local fish store) to power an airstone (Another type of air stone is called a bubble wand <- This will create the kind of bubble wall you will want). You will also need to get some air line tubing; This will help get the air from the air pump to the airstone.

Enjoy the forum :)

I call them snakes. They come in different sizes. Just hide them just under the gravel. Yes you need Air pump to push air through it.

So I can just purchase a air pump, and a bubble wall kit .. and that should do the trick?

Also, how strong of a air pump do i need to buy so that it'll have enough pressure to do the whole back wall of my 10 gallon?

Hey, new here and I just set myself up a 10gallon aqaurium which I purchased second hand...

Anyways, I have a question... how do I make a bubble wall in the back of my aqaurium? I seen you can buy the tubes for it, but how does the air get through the tubes to produce the bubbles? Will I also have to buy some sort of battery?

I'm unsure on the filter on my tank, it's something like an aquaclear type (waterfall) ... how would the tube connect to that?

Please let me know, and feel free to share links as to where I can order and buy the equipment from!

Your bubble wand(s) don't connect to your filter -- as many have been saying, you must run airline tubing from a separate air pump (I use a Tetra Whisper 60 but wouldn't recommend it; the noise this thing puts out is intolerable and it's about ready to die as I can see it) which connects to the wand inside the tank.

Are you making one of these yourself? You can buy them premade -- in fact, I am in the market for one because my Top Fin brand (PetSmart's in house product line) is ready to croak as well; it was a [moderator edit]from the beginning though, so stay away from ANYTHING Top Fin...

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad this thread just came around as I'm doing about the same thing for my 10 gallon shrimp tank at work. I have a 10 gallon and will be getting a Tetra Whisper 10 air pump but wanted some advice on a good bubble wand to take up a good portion of the back wall (at least 60%). I've had bad experiences with bad airstones so want to avoid a junk product (such as TopFin for instance). Anyone have a good recommendation? Preferably sold by Amazon if possible.

Thanks

I got a cheap one from walmart and havent had any problems. I run them for a couple of hours only.

Ended up going with the LED Marineland 8.5" bubble wall. Seemed to have good reviews and the LED lighting should look nice when the tank lights are off.

7Enigma said:
Ended up going with the LED Marineland 8.5" bubble wall. Seemed to have good reviews and the LED lighting should look nice when the tank lights are off.

I was looking at the same one. Let us know how it looks I'm curious

Will do. My biggest concern now is the color of the light (since it may not be the traditional dark blue LED), and also the intensity of the light. This is for my 10 gallon tank at work so it's not vital but I'm hoping it's not some light-blue car high-beams look. I plan to have it behind a piece of driftwood which should help some, but I don't want to have to wear shades while I'm working on the computer! :)

The Marineland LED Bubble wands are awesome. I have a blue one that was in my 30 gal right next to my pillow, and it never bothered me. Right now it's being used as moonlights in my sw tank without the air. It turns out that it's a very versatile product, as it is suctioned to the underside of the lid. As for the cheap Wal-mart pump, I have 3 on my fw tanks that run 24/7. They are quiet, and don't falter a bit. I swear by them. They only drawback is they are not adjustable.

Back
Top Bottom