Cheap LED solution???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1 LARA said:
where did you get the top for your aquarium it looks makesift from a drop ceiling light.

It's just a plastic light diffuser aka egg crate. You can get a 4'x2' sheet in the lighting section at most DIY shops, I get them for $12 at home depot.

TomStav said:
This was in the previous 72g, but I was at the lfs today and couldn't resist getting another birdsnest. Here's some pics of my 55...

Before anyone complains the yellow tang is going in a 125 next week, just cracked my 72g so he is in here temporarily.

How many leds do you have over the 72g?

Here are what 4 of the 10w LED spots look like on my 75 freshwater. Just added them yesterday I do have some concerns about if it will be enough light for my plants but for a 70 dollar investment I figured it was worth a go. But as far as lighting the tank I am certainly satisfied!

My plants are all lowish light types so hopefully they will be ok. I guess we will see!

You will have to pardon the reflection from the sliding glass door behind me :)

Attachments

• image-1528034570.jpg
    image-1528034570.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 379
Still waiting on my 50's .

The rgb strip light with remote looks pretty cool.

It's neat to be able to change colour with the touch of a button.

You can also get ultraviolet led strip lighting to enhance certain corals .

audifusion said:
Still waiting on my 50's .

The rgb strip light with remote looks pretty cool.

It's neat to be able to change colour with the touch of a button.

You can also get ultraviolet led strip lighting to enhance certain corals .

Isn't the uv light damaging for corals and fish? I heard prolonged use can blind them? Don't quote me on it...

Just ordered 3, 50w 20000k's and 3, 20w 12000k's. Anxious to see how they look on my new 125 gallon. Will post pics once I have them up.

Last edited:
tdubrow said:
Just ordered 3, 50w 20000k's and 3, 20w 12000k's. Anxious to see how they look on my new 125 gallon. Will post pics once I have them up.

thats going to be sick. The 20000k is super bright.

Where did you find the 50 w 20000k? Can you post a link

Thats the same guy I bought mine from they were great to deal with, got the lights fast too.

Yeah, they actually do get here fast. 3-5 days. Only problem is I missed DHL yesterday. Now I have to wait until Monday lol. Well, patience is a virtue in this hobby so I guess I'm used to it :)

I don't know if you know but brown is the hot lead on these lights. yellow and green wire is the ground.

Back
Top Bottom