Cheap LED solution???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
now I see why you have so many and the high wattage. Sure hope these things work for corals.

I don't see why they wouldn't .

If we had a par meter that would surely put our minds at ease. Ive seen a few videos on YouTube of guys running these with reef tanks growing soft and hard corals.

I've got another 10 @ 10w 20000k smd chips im going to run just for the colour, and a 15 ft rgb smd strip light with remote that I'm going to have on blue most of the time.

Yeah I saw those videos also but I only have a 90 so I'm hoping the two 30's and the 3 20's maybe another 20 will do it. Good luck with yours, nice talking to you about these lights. Keep me posted

Please post those videos, because the only tanks I've been able to find using these lights are only growing soft corals.

Any one have a linkfor the 12000k-14000k lights. Been searching ebay for a while now and the highest I can find is 7000k.

Im back

Sorry for the delay, I have been really busy recently...

I have swapped the birdsnest frag for a duncan coral, but here is a pic when I had the BN under t5's about a week before I had it under the LED floodlights, and a pic after it had been under the LEDs for about 3 months...

Attachments

• birdsnest_coral_frag.jpg
    birdsnest_coral_frag.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 310
RED LED ATS Scrubber growth

Here is a 6 week update on the ATS under the two 10w red LED floodlights, Im on week 7 tomorrow so will post the latest pic when I clean it. Take note that this was from a newly established tank and week 1 was during the cycle so may have affected the growth somewhat. Its starting to get some weight to it and thicken up nicely.

Attachments

• ATS_SCRUBBER_LED.jpg
    ATS_SCRUBBER_LED.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 269
yea all my soft corals look better, I recently moved them to a new tank but they are bouncing back and look better than ever.

TomStav said:
Sorry for the delay, I have been really busy recently...

I have swapped the birdsnest frag for a duncan coral, but here is a pic when I had the BN under t5's about a week before I had it under the LED floodlights, and a pic after it had been under the LEDs for about 3 months...

Is this in the 55 gallon?

Great thread with loads of info

I would like to know your suggestion of what light to get for my 24g jbj nano cube

alex07 said:
Is this in the 55 gallon?

This was in the previous 72g, but I was at the lfs today and couldn't resist getting another birdsnest. Here's some pics of my 55...

Before anyone complains the yellow tang is going in a 125 next week, just cracked my 72g so he is in here temporarily.

Attachments

• image-65107573.jpg
    image-65107573.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 186
  • image-1125719068.jpg
    image-1125719068.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 181
  • image-2990410315.jpg
    image-2990410315.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 163
  • image-4216845996.jpg
    image-4216845996.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 146
qb6fire said:
Great thread with loads of info

I would like to know your suggestion of what light to get for my 24g jbj nano cube

If FW.. Whatever floats your boat

If FW w/ plants.. One 10w 6500k

If SW FOWLR.. One 20w 12000k

If Reef.. One 20w or 30w 12000-16000k

Just received two 20w 14000k led floodlights and they look great on my 72g bow front. They have a great flicker and a really nice blueish light that looks like a MH, it's hard to see the blue in the pics below. I only have a few corals and will keep a note on how they react to these LEDs, only cost me $100!

where did you get the top for your aquarium it looks makesift from a drop ceiling light.

Back
Top Bottom