Circulation pumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saga

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got two new Hydro Koralia Evolution 750 gph. I have a 72 gal. bow front. Should I put the pumps on each side blowing toward each other on a timer so they don't run at the same time. I already have the timer. Or should they be placed on the back wall blowing toward the front of the tank?

I keep mine on either side of the tank and have them point towards each others flow and towards either the back, rock or front. Whatever works best for your setup. Just make sure the flow from each hits the other to create a chaotic pattern. :)

I don't have a timer or wavemaker on my setups.

Hello, newbie here, I am interested to know more on these pumps, I have 55 gal hexagon should I go with the same pumps a 750 or higher , I did notice you have two and a larger tank so why not go with the recommend specs of a 1050 pump ?
I think that's the next high one, should I go lower than the 750? Where would be the right placement?

rafatoy said:
Hello, newbie here, I am interested to know more on these pumps, I have 55 gal hexagon should I go with the same pumps a 750 or higher , I did notice you have two and a larger tank so why not go with the recommend specs of a 1050 pump ?
I think that's the next high one, should I go lower than the 750? Where would be the right placement?

Welcome to AA:)
You should really make your own thread for more answers by going to forums, saltwater, then the top right of the screen....
However......

I would go with the 750's at the very least. For my 30 gallon saltwater i have 2 750 korolias and that is overkill. I definatly wouldnt go lower then 750, and would encourage you bump it up to 1050. I think the OP (original poster) should get 1050's for his 72 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom