Clean Up/Filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a glass bottom tank with no gravel or anything, except gunk. I want to know if a gravel vacuum would clean up after my turtle and goldfish, because no matter how many PWC and cleaning of the filters there always seems to be junk/poo on the ground! I also want to know if the number of gallons that can be filtered "up to ___ gallons" is addable? The tank that I got came with 2 elite stingray filters and a fluval 2. I want to add more but how much is being "filtered"?:confused:

So you have the turtle and the goldfish both in the same tank? At any rate, with goldfish one can keep adding filters until the gallons per hour are equal to 10X the number of gallons. Goldfish are messy. So it would seem you could add another filter. A gravel vac will help clean up your bare bottom tank. And a water siphon or python will make water changes easier. Just remember to dose the Prime or water conditioner for the whole tank...

revchristinejday said:
So you have the turtle and the goldfish both in the same tank? At any rate, with goldfish one can keep adding filters until the gallons per hour are equal to 10X the number of gallons. Goldfish are messy. So it would seem you could add another filter. A gravel vac will help clean up your bare bottom tank. And a water siphon or python will make water changes easier. Just remember to dose the Prime or water conditioner for the whole tank...

I never wanted the 2 goldfish the person before had them and were going to kill them if I didn't take them, so me being me I had to take them... Thanks for the information on the gravel vac! We have a python and I have some prime! I will also be looking for filters!

A hose without the gravel attachment is far more effective in a bare bottomed tank. You can reduce the amount f debris in the tank by removing the turtle to a basin or similar for feeding. Leave it in there until it has evacuated and than return it to the tank.

A hose without the gravel attachment is far more effective in a bare bottomed tank. You can reduce the amount f debris in the tank by removing the turtle to a basin or similar for feeding. Leave it in there until it has evacuated and than return it to the tank.

I've tried doing that a ton of times but I just doesn't work out very well. She refuses to eat, I've left her in one of those for like 5 hours and all her food was still there! Thanks for the information!:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom