Co2 system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPXnoob

Aquarium Advice Activist
How long does it take the system to start releasing co2 into the tank once it is set up? I set mine up yesterday morning and am still not noticing a co2 release.

I assume you are talking about a DIY CO2 system. It shouldn't take more than a half hour or so (depending on the empty volume of your container (and the tubing, gas separator, etc). In your case, there is either a leak in a system, your mixture is wrong, or you have bad yeast.

It's not a DIY. I bought the system at petsmart. Lol. I apologize for the vague inquiry. It's a nutrafin system.

I found my issue. I had water in the hose line so I just cleared it out by sticking a straw at the base and sucking the water. Beginner error. Thank you for the response. :)

The Nutrafin system is equivalent to a DIY system... glad you found the issue! Best of luck with it. It will make a huge difference with your plants assuming your lighting is adequate and you got it up and running well.

I have 5 watts per gallon set up with some good dark substrate. This is my older set up so I honestly can't recall the brand. Lol. All I have is some wysteria and dwarf hairgrass.

Back
Top Bottom