CPR overflow/sump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe a Mag7 (700GPH)?? By the time you factor in the headheight, it'll probably be pretty close to 600 GPH. Try googling it and see if you can find the headheight calcs. I've seen them on line before... I just can't remember where. HTH

I have that oveflow and I have a mag 9.5.......you can always put a ball valve into the return line and adjust the flow if necessary. I had to back mine off at first, but now it runs full bore and it's perfect, but I have about 3.5 ft. of head too, so you have to take that into consideration. HTH

have about 3.5 ft. of head too, so you have to take that into consideration
That's about what I'll have. Pumps loose more GPH than I thought when factoring in head height 8O Mag 9.5 sounds good. Well back to researching and scratching my head lol. I'll be back w/ more ?'s...Thanks guys.

Here is my plan so far-
20gal high for sump
CPR CS90 overflow (600 GPH)
Mag 9.5 return w/ a SCWD inline
Think I will have low flow issues w/ the 3.5-4 ft of head height and the SCWD w/ a Mag 9.5 pump? I do realize I will need atleast 1 or 2 PH's in the tank still. I'm currently running about 20x per hour turnover. My tank is a 55gal.

Everything that's already in it lol. I have mostly SPS in the upper 1/2-1/3rd, a few LPS and softies(mostly polyps) in the rest.
I'm fed up w/ micro-bubbles :evil: and all the equipment in the tank.

that's funny.....I have the exact same setup! I love mine. Good luck!

Dr.Nate said:
that's funny.....I have the exact same setup! I love mine.
Including the SCWD? If so what do you think of the flow using the Mag 9.5? Is it comparable to having, say, an MJ 1200 PH in each corner or more?
I can't decide between a Mag 9.5 or 12 w/ the added back pressure of the SCWD+ 3.5-4 ft head height...

I've got a Mag 7 running through a sqwd with that same overflow. The outputs are directed opposite each other in my hex. The flow is enough to cause the hex flow to rotate opposite every 30 seconds or so. I run it all through 1/2" pipes.

no, I don't have the scwd, but I can tell you with the mag 9.5 it's plenty of flow for the whole tank. I tried adding a maxijet 1200 on the other side because I thought I would need it, but it was just too much flow. Everything in my tank was getting battered way to much. I took out the maxijet and everyone's happy now. just my experience, though.

Brad said:
I've got a Mag 7 running through a sqwd with that same overflow...The flow is enough to cause the hex flow to rotate opposite every 30 seconds or so.
How wide is your hex tank and what type of outlets are you using?
Thanks everyone for the help so far.

Back
Top Bottom