Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
does anybody use the python water change?

I have a question about the python. When and how do you put the dechlorinator in? If the fill water comes directly from the faucet do you add as the water goes in the tank ? Do you add the required amount first? Or do you add small amounts as the water is added? I want to use one but I'm paranoid about the chlorine affecting my fish. Any help will be appreciated

mrlucky923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just add enough Prime for the whole tanks volume, then start filling with the python.

OhYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
I'd you dose enough dechlorinator for the whole tank volume before filling, you should be good. You can even stir it with a net and let it sit a few minutes before starting your filter back up.
Hholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:35 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular
Prime works instantly as it interacts with the new water. I add enough for the entire tank volume spreading it across the entire tank length. I leave my canister filters running during water changes just making sure that the replacement water is NOT funneled back in near any filter intakes. Try to match the incoming water temperature as close as possible to the existing tank temperature.
jcahow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak
When i used my python i would mix water in 5g buckets and fill with them. I have only filled an empty tank with the python myself
DaleHauze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:23 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 55 and just dose the amount of seachem prime for the entire tank volume and shut my canister off while filling it up let it sit 10 min with bubbles and my wavemaker going to aerate the water and mix the pin real well and then kick the canister back on. You could also get a basic inline carbon filter and rig it into the hose on your python and that would help also. But I only do it t hat way when I'm in a hurry or don't feel like lugging buckets around.

Check out our fish clubs Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/CFLKeepersOfAquatica
MMantelli is offline   Reply With Quote

change, python, water change

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com