does anybody use the python water change?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrlucky923

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a question about the python. When and how do you put the dechlorinator in? If the fill water comes directly from the faucet do you add as the water goes in the tank ? Do you add the required amount first? Or do you add small amounts as the water is added? I want to use one but I'm paranoid about the chlorine affecting my fish. Any help will be appreciated

I just add enough Prime for the whole tanks volume, then start filling with the python.

I'd you dose enough dechlorinator for the whole tank volume before filling, you should be good. You can even stir it with a net and let it sit a few minutes before starting your filter back up.

Prime works instantly as it interacts with the new water. I add enough for the entire tank volume spreading it across the entire tank length. I leave my canister filters running during water changes just making sure that the replacement water is NOT funneled back in near any filter intakes. Try to match the incoming water temperature as close as possible to the existing tank temperature.

When i used my python i would mix water in 5g buckets and fill with them. I have only filled an empty tank with the python myself

I have a 55 and just dose the amount of seachem prime for the entire tank volume and shut my canister off while filling it up let it sit 10 min with bubbles and my wavemaker going to aerate the water and mix the pin real well and then kick the canister back on. You could also get a basic inline carbon filter and rig it into the hose on your python and that would help also. But I only do it t hat way when I'm in a hurry or don't feel like lugging buckets around.

Back
Top Bottom