EBO-JAGER 150 Watt Heater Blue button

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PhilMar

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have the ebo-jager 150 watt heater in a 39 gal tank. It works fine, but there is a blue button on the top of the heater, and I can't find out what this button is for. :? Does any one have the slightest idea?

Thanks

I found this on www.thatpetplace.com about the blue button on ebo-jager heaters:

**REMOVAL OR TAMPERING WITH THE LITTLE BLUE BUTTON ON THE TOP OF THE HEATER WILL VOID THE WARRANTY. THIS IS INSTALLED AT THE FACTORY WHEN THEY SET THE THERMOSTAT, IF REMOVED OR TAMPERED WITH IT MAY NOT KEEP ACCURATE TEMPERATURES**

HTH

With a statement like that, you almost want to push or pull it to see what happens. Except my little buddies would be the loosers.

Thanks guys for the quick info. These seem to be great heaters. It's to bad they don't put that warning anywhere on the box or in the instructions. :)

I really dont think its as much a button but more of a seal. REmoving it would in essence make the heater no longer water tight.

No, it clicks in or out. You can't remove it, just click it in or out (up). I think it sets the temp. I'm thinking if your temp in the tank is 76, and you set your dial to 76 and then click it in or out that sets it. I think, I think! :? I have an extra one, and I can't help but test and play with it! :twisted:

I think it does say in instructions not to mess with that. I have Ebo-Jager 250 in my 55 gallon, it is factory preset to 77 but it clicks on at 78 as well. It is enormous at 17" I wish I bought a smaller one. It is a great heater just shame you cannot completely submerse it in water. By the way, can anyone recommend good thermometer where you can clearly see the gradation from 70 to 80? all those suction cup thermometers have a tiny area that they paint green and you can never really make it what the temperature is. :?: :|

As far as submersion, I have seen them completely submersed and they seem to still work. As for the directions in the package for the 150 watt, there is no mention of the button @ all. The themometer you mentioned, I use and it seems to be fine. Mine is about 5 inches long so the gradations are very plain to see. :)

Mine are fully submerged aswell.

I use a floating themometer in my sump to confirm my tanks temps. On large tanks those stickon type I dont have much faith in as they really are giving you the temperature of the glass surface vs the water within the tank.

Maybe being a pirate and missing an eye has to do with the hard-to see thermometer :wink: , but I think I am just complaining and it is fine.

Back
Top Bottom