Eheim 2213 problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reygan2

Aquarium Advice Addict
I purchased a 2213 for my 15g in Jan. and initially it seemed to work fine. I had nice flow and good circulation going on throughout the tank. Gradually the flow has reduced and now it's so low that my plants aren't even moving. I have taken apart and cleaned this filter completely, hoses and connections, several times. I found a number to call and all I get is a recording. I've tried to call for days. I've posted on other forums hoping someone has some feedback on their experience with Eheim's warranty and/or any contact info. I'm convinced this particular filter is a dud. My 2217 works perfectly and I've had it twice as long. Any info would be appreciated!

Sorry to hear about your filter. Can you hear the impeller operating? Maybe you can replace that and the motor? Hopefully Eheim will get back to you. I've heard that they have terrible customer service unfortunately. So good luck to you.

Did you clean the impeller as you don't mention that

I take it you purchased it online

Buying online may save you a few £s buy with big important items like filters and heaters I thinks it's worth paying the extra from your local fish store because if you have any problems you can return it to them and have it sorted in a few hours

When you buy online and you have problems you need to pay shipping to return it wait a few days for the online company to get the filter back then send you a new one

Just to save a few £

With other goods yes it's fine to buy online but you're tank can go 7-10 days when you wait for a replacement

Rant over

Sorry to hear about your filter. Can you hear the impeller operating? Maybe you can replace that and the motor? Hopefully Eheim will get back to you. I've heard that they have terrible customer service unfortunately. So good luck to you.

The filter is completely silent except for the other day when I heard a sloshing sound for a few minutes then it was silent again. I've read about their service and you're right, it's all bad. That is so unfortunate too. My 2217 runs great and I really liked this 2213 for my 15g. I have a GBR and cardinals in there and I'm worried about the water quality with the reduced flow. He seems perfectly fine and I do my weekly wc's. I'm just gonna wait for a bit to see if I can get this resolved with Eheim. If not, then I'll choose another filter I guess:(

Try removing and cleaning out the impeller as T1KARMANN suggested. Take a cotton swab and really get in the well where the impeller sits. If that doesn't work and not does Eheim's costumer service, go with a Fluval 106. Great filters and responsive costumer service.

Try removing and cleaning out the impeller as T1KARMANN suggested. Take a cotton swab and really get in the well where the impeller sits. If that doesn't work and not does Eheim's costumer service, go with a Fluval 106. Great filters and responsive costumer service.

I actually got through to an Eheim tech a few minutes ago. He said they would send me an email shortly with troubleshooting tips and if that didn't work they'd send me a replacement impeller. He actually spent some time explaining a few things and he gave me a case number to use when I call back if the tips don't work. I hope this is legit and not just a run around. I guess we'll see.

Update:
I took the impeller out again and cleaned the housing...again, put everything back together and it's running perfectly. I have great flow now and I have no idea what did it. Hopefully the issue is resolved though. I received a follow up email from an Eheim tech about the issue. Hopefully they are working on improving their cs (y) Thanks for the tips and responses!

I have over a dozen Eheim Pro II and Pro III canisters and have had great service from Eheim when I have called them on their direct 1-800 number. Their techs have given me their direct e-mail addresses and helped me out numerous times and sent me multiple free replacement parts.

I have NOT had any luck trying to contact them through e-mail when opening a ticket from their web page. I always call direct now and have never had problems reaching a real person on the phone.

I have to admit I have not called them for a year so maybe its gotten worse since then.

I have over a dozen Eheim Pro II and Pro III canisters and have had great service from Eheim when I have called them on their direct 1-800 number. Their techs have given me their direct e-mail addresses and helped me out numerous times and sent me multiple free replacement parts.

I have NOT had any luck trying to contact them through e-mail when opening a ticket from their web page. I always call direct now and have never had problems reaching a real person on the phone.

I have to admit I have not called them for a year so maybe its gotten worse since then.

It took me several attempts at calling the 800 number before I finally reached someone, but you're right, once I did they seemed very helpful.

Could help others if you post the 1-800 you called and the direct e-mail as well. I rather call myself if I'm busy. When I do call I get the CSR full name & their extension number if they have one. Glad it worked out for ya, Reygan2

Could help others if you post the 1-800 you called and the direct e-mail as well. I rather call myself if I'm busy. When I do call I get the CSR full name & their extension number if they have one. Glad it worked out for ya, Reygan2

Thanks! No problem. I never got a response when I emailed, but the number worked:
1-888-343-4662

Back
Top Bottom