EVO LED Reef Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefman97

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can someone tell me if the EVO LED Quad 48" 3 watt from eBay are worth getting? Average at about $240. I did lots of reviews, sounds like a very good price of a fixture. One bad thing I know about it is that there are a lot more of white LEDs then blue. Is that bad? Anything is great!

Can someone tell me if the EVO LED Quad 48" 3 watt from eBay are worth getting? Average at about $240. I did lots of reviews, sounds like a very good price of a fixture. One bad thing I know about it is that there are a lot more of white LEDs then blue. Is that bad? Anything is great!

I have the exact same fixture on my 55 and its beautiful!! My corals opened right up!!

is this the one you were talking about?
EVO Quad 48" LED Aquarium Light Marine Coral Reef Saltwater Lunar 64x 3 Watt 3W | eBay

You are exactly right, I think the 10000K white is a bit way too much. This is a great FOWLR fixture in my opinion.
I also would concern what type of LED chip it use and lack of information on how much current it run thru the LEDs.
For LEDs, it is not how many watts per LED. It really depend on the current that run thru it. In this case, when it runs with a lot of white and has 64 LED chips, but only provides ~8500Lumens. It is actually less than my 90W CREE fixture which only has
Cree XPE Blue 3 Watts x 4
Cree XPE Royal Blue 3 Watts x 12
Cree XPG Warm White 5 Watts x 2
Cree XPG Neutral White 5 Watts x 6
And my fixture gives out about 13000 Lumens with a lot more blue LEDs.
Lumens mean nothing to the coral growth, but that can pretty much tells u the LED is not running thru max current, so 3w per chip might turn out to be about 1.5w per chip or less

is this the one you were talking about?
EVO Quad 48" LED Aquarium Light Marine Coral Reef Saltwater Lunar 64x 3 Watt 3W | eBay

You are exactly right, I think the 10000K white is a bit way too much. This is a great FOWLR fixture in my opinion.
I also would concern what type of LED chip it use and lack of information on how much current it run thru the LEDs.
For LEDs, it is not how many watts per LED. It really depend on the current that run thru it. In this case, when it runs with a lot of white and has 64 LED chips, but only provides ~8500Lumens. It is actually less than my 90W CREE fixture which only has
Cree XPE Blue 3 Watts x 4
Cree XPE Royal Blue 3 Watts x 12
Cree XPG Warm White 5 Watts x 2
Cree XPG Neutral White 5 Watts x 6
And my fixture gives out about 13000 Lumens with a lot more blue LEDs.
Lumens mean nothing to the coral growth, but that can pretty much tells u the LED is not running thru max current, so 3w per chip might turn out to be about 1.5w per chip or less

Yes those are the light I'm talking about, but I have a very bad algae problem and I think my current lights I have are the problem, that why I want the change. So my real question is will these lights cause bad algae growth

With that much 10000k I would stay away from it. Find some light that has 12000k to 20000k color temp

the evo quad is a bad mama jamma...you won't regret it... only downside is you can't time the blue and white separate unless you buy there timers... also there's no cover on the light area so water may be a problem

I have this light on my 75 and its a very nice light for the money... what I did was used one quad and one 3rd gen 1w LED fixture running just the blues... corals love it I love it

Back
Top Bottom