Flow Rate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimailer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone know the flow rate of a one inch bulkhead overflow? I have 2 of them on my 150 and just installed a Dolphin Amp Master 3000 pump. The control ball valve is little more than half open and I'm wondering apx flow rate. The overflows drop straight into my sump. But there are Druso (sp) stand pipes in each over flow with 1/16th holes in them, so there sucking hard. Thanks

I have a new 120 gal with built in 1" drains. I put a couple of sponges on them to silence them a bit, and to help trap waste. I am currently using 2 Rio HF17's for the 3/4" returns. By the time the water makes it through the pipes, the flow is definitely more minimal. I wish I would have gone with stronger pumps.

Mike

Thanks for the info I would guess my flow rate must be 1200 to 1400 total. I was told if you split the 1.5 output of the AM3k into 1" lines you'd lost 40% but I think the loss is more like 20% do to the "T" in the line.

Back
Top Bottom