FW surface agitation ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhiteDevil

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had bubble stones and stuff, with the ultra fine sand it doesnt work well. I am contemlating the JBJ-20 or the C220 Marineland canisters for the new filter system, What about something for the surface, I see "skimmers" for freshwater but not sure which one to get to keep the skim coat off the top water.

JBJ makes one that attaches to the intake tube at the surface. Its a 10 dollar part so money isnt a issue, I just want something that will keep that crud off the top and possibly work in conjunction with the JBJ or C220.

Thanks.

Edit, Last night I got tired of looking at it so put the air line back in the tank 2" below the water line, this morning the skim coat was gone.

Main concern is the new Betta and the angels surface feeding habits.

as long as the surface water is moving some it should be ok. in all my tanks i dont use air stones. the surface agitation from hobs or if done right the canister filters will give you plenty of o2 into the water. you could also even use a power head near the top if your still worried.

Not worried about the O2, thats in there from the HOT filter.

Its the surface scum/skim layer that gathers on the side that the HOT is not on.

I just stuck the end of my airline in there, regualted way down , its keeping the top clean. I will be getting a surface skimmer for my canister as well as the biowheel attachment.

Back
Top Bottom