Hanging ideas for twin halides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrwizard

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, just wondering if anyone on this forum has used any other ways of hanging your lights?
I've just bought myself some 120w twin halides with blue LEDs on and I'm not sure I can hang it from the ceiling, was just looking for other ways of hanging them, or if there are any support legs I can put on the side of the tank to sit them on, I've looked online but no luck.

I went and bought 2 heavy duty plant hangers that sorta matched our decor, screwed them into the wall studs and hung the lights from them.

Retired_AF said:
I went and bought 2 heavy duty plant hangers that sorta matched our decor, screwed them into the wall studs and hung the lights from them.

That's a good idea, gonna have to see if I can get one big enough, I think my tank is 24inch front to back so will need one about 15" with the little gap between the tank and wall. Thanks

I just setup those brackets today on my tank and they are a little off as far as being dead square centered. The bars don't extend over the tank quite enough, but then again the tank is 2 feet from back to front. It looks ok though. Here is what it looks like mounted

img_1895373_0_cbc8c90817579937144e37589772e1f1.jpg

carey said:
I just setup those brackets today on my tank and they are a little off as far as being dead square centered. The bars don't extend over the tank quite enough, but then again the tank is 2 feet from back to front. It looks ok though. Here is what it looks like mounted

That looks good, I like that, gonna try find sone over here in the uk today. My tank is also 2ft from back to front so I should be ok :) what size tank is that? Looks similar to mine.

It's a 60g cube tank. :)

My lfs makes his own bars but it's an involved process so I went the expensive and easy route getting the bars already bent and ready. lol

Good luck in your search!

Back
Top Bottom