Heater Problems?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noteworthy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I have a Whisper 10-30 gallon heater in my 10 gallon tank. I think it is 75w or 100w but my tank is down to 68F. A 10 gallon tank with a whisper 75w/100w heater? It is turned all the way up and the heater is just coming on now and then with the temp that low.

Are whispers just flakey or is it my fault I've had 3 of them die on me. It should be on constantly?!?

I don't understand it.

JMO but if there is one aquarium item to splurge on, it's a heater. Many times the thermostats will malfunction. Nothing is more frustrating then when a heater fails in the on position and you've cooked your fish. 8O 8O

Hrmmmm dunno what to do.. we've had crazy weather... it was 80F outside the other day.. now it is 28F outside.

Really stressing the heaters/fish

What would you recommend? I have the same heater in my 29 gallon and it is struggling.. constantly on. I had both of them in the 29 until I had to setup a QT.

Well each tank requires 5 wpg of heating to be efficient and not stress the thermostats. I can tell you that I prefer Won, Visa therm, and Ebo Jager. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom