Heater question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcass

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've noticed over the last couple of days that one of my cichlids has been sitting vertical in the back of the tank not moving much. After kooky ga things over, I noticed the temperature in my tank was at 72. Somehow my heater had been unplugged. It's a 200 watt in a 54 gallon tank. How long should it take to warm thugs back up to 80-82? (I'm hoping this is the issue with the one cichlid.)

Depends what brand of heater, I've heard some take longer than others. But I could be wrong.

I would say it will take maybe 3 hours? Thats just a guess.

Ok...well I had put plugged the heater in around 9:00 last night and the temp was 72. I had checked it at midnight and it was at 75. When I got up at 8 this morning it had made it to 80 and is holding steady.

That one fish I was concerned about is being much more active! As are the other fish too.

Sorry about my guess, I was totally off!

I'm glad your fish are doing better and more active! :)

I just bought a second heater for my aquarium, just to have some redundancy and backup should something go wrong with one of them. They are Fluval M300 rated for 80 gallons each. One seemed to do fine with my 155 G bow front, but I would hate to have something go wrong and lose a whole tank full of fish!

Glad your story turned out ok.

Back
Top Bottom