Hello from Michigan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichildnewbie09

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello everyone, my family has a 55 gallon community african cichlid tank overstocked, we got a great deal on a 40 gallon fleamarket find to rehouse some of the africans. Great right! i'm trying to find a way to seal up a overflow or something thats on the top right of the tank. As much as i'd love the canister or more exspensive filters i already have an HOB 55 for the tank. Could there be a way of sealing this hole or am i stuck:confused:

I`m going to move this to the General Hardware and equipment discussion forum so you`ll get more answers. This forum is basically for saying hello and not everyone comes here so I`ll move it. Welcome to AA

Last edited:
hello from michigan

hers the problem tank

Attachments

• 37-40 gallon.jpg
    37-40 gallon.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 89
never mind the stupidity, i figured out im dealing with a reef ready overflow Read read read then re read things. HMMM, do i really want to try the saltwater tank, money tight as always but, oh the lovely reef tank i would love to have with ongoing research added

the choice is yours i made a fresh water tank then took to many trips to the lfs and after looking at the sw fish so much i have to have one.

as for the hole if your black elbow is still on like in the picture then you can buy or make a rubber clamp on plug then fill it up

thanks for the response! I'm thinking carefully about the sw set-up I'm at that point of yes i want to! We have two three FW tanks and i want to do a SW. i have the tank,filter airpumps i think i need a sump,etc
is there a way of just starting with some live rock and seeing what comes of it instant ocean also needed with a lights purchase could i be this close

Back
Top Bottom