Help! Canister stopped working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nothing is wrong with your impeller. I have an Aquatop cf500uv (which is the same filter as your Sun canister filter) and I have the same problem. Everytime I unplug the filter or there's an power outage it never wants starts again. All i here is a clacking sound from the motor. It takes at least 20-30min to get my filter going again.

Please checkout my thread titled: "urgent help needed w/aquatop cf500uv canister filter"

You should be able to get it started after reading that.

Good luck.

coalcut said:
Nothing is wrong with your impeller. I have an Aquatop cf500uv (which is the same filter as your Sun canister filter) and I have the same problem. Everytime I unplug the filter or there's an power outage it never wants starts again. All i here is a clacking sound from the motor. It takes at least 20-30min to get my filter going again.

Please checkout my thread titled: "urgent help needed w/aquatop cf500uv canister filter"

You should be able to get it started after reading that.

Good luck.

It was the impeller. The magnet was stuck to the impeller shaft so it wasn't allowing it to spin.

Back
Top Bottom