SunSun 704B Canister Filter Impeller Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lvisico

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,
I have a SunSun 704B canister filter and it is malfunctioning. The impeller will not work when I put the impeller cover on it. When I test just the filter top, I can get the impeller spinning but when I put the impeller cover on, it usually stops. Sometimes it will work after I put the impeller cover on but if I turn it off then on. it will not restart. I have to take the impeller cover off to try and restart it again. Any assistance in rectifying this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I have a SunSun 704B canister filter and it is malfunctioning. The impeller will not work when I put the impeller cover on it. When I test just the filter top, I can get the impeller spinning but when I put the impeller cover on, it usually stops. Sometimes it will work after I put the impeller cover on but if I turn it off then on. it will not restart. I have to take the impeller cover off to try and restart it again. Any assistance in rectifying this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Hello, there are a couple of things you can try. First make sure magnet on impeller shaft is clean. Then clean impeller housing. I dab a cotton swab w/vinegar cause it's mildly acidic. I then dry off both w/paper towel. Now I use silicone grease on shaft magnet & in housing(petroleum jelly will work). Now this is important to make sure you have both of the rubber mounts(top & bottom of shaft in pic) & they are seated correctly when you reassemble. Hopefully this helps you!!!!!Screenshot_20220421-224544.jpg

Hi,
I did what you explained prior to submitting my question. I used petroleum jelly on the impeller as well as the impeller seat after cleaning the seat and impeller. I also placed petroleum jelly on the plastic impeller cover. Although the original impeller was working I replaced it with a new one and I removed the old rubber cap that was seated in the impeller cave. Something seems to not be seating correctly because it does spin sometimes and works after I place the impeller cover on it but does not stay on. Thank you again for the help.

Hi,
I did what you explained prior to submitting my question. I used petroleum jelly on the impeller as well as the impeller seat after cleaning the seat and impeller. I also placed petroleum jelly on the plastic impeller cover. Although the original impeller was working I replaced it with a new one and I removed the old rubber cap that was seated in the impeller cave. Something seems to not be seating correctly because it does spin sometimes and works after I place the impeller cover on it but does not stay on. Thank you again for the help.
If you still have the old parts you could try old mounts w/ new impeller to see if that works & then switch new mounts w/ old impeller. Something may have a manufacturers defect & needs to be replaced.

Back
Top Bottom