Help. Fish getting into Overflow!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gamefreak0109

Aquarium Advice Activist
so i set up a tank with an overflow box. its my first time dealing with an overflow box. i have a 24 gallon nano cube reef tank but dont have these issues. but i finally got a couple small fish in the tank yesterday and today my wife called me because she found one of the fish in the overflow box. luckly the little guy didnt get sucked through the U tube. so she was able to get it out. but does anyone have any tips or tricks on how to keep fish from getting in the overflow? i figured some form of screen would work, but i didnt know if anyone had any pictues to give me some ideas. i did a few searches and the only results i found were people needing to get fish out. but nothing on how to keep them out. :thanks:

I use egg crate material from lowes or your local hardware store. Egg crate is the white light panels for industrial building lights. With the little squares. Cut it to size to sit over your hole. I saw you have a cube. If your problem is them getting in the back then I use cut your own filter media and I roll and shove it in between the rear chambers and the light.

thanks man, thats probably what im gonna do. and sorry, i forgot to update my info. i have a 55g FOWLR that im having the issue with.

Back
Top Bottom