HELP! Powerhead is broken!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TeamTrash

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just went to adjust it and noticed it was moving way too easily. I looked at the back and the part that attaches it to the suction cup is broken!!! It is only hanging on by a thread!!! Should I take it out or will that harm my tank? I'll go to the lfs tomorrow at lunch but won't be back home until evening :/

28 gallon tank
Canister filter
Protein skimmer
One zoa and one stubborn Duncan Coral aside from fish and cuc

This isn't a hardware question. It is will my corals and fish survive w/out a current question.

You don't need to take it out. It doesn't HAVE to be attached to the suction cup if the cord is holding it in place. Heck, you could probably glue it back on and have it work good as new.

Grab replacement suction cups from the pet store. That water motion the power head provides nutrients to flow constantly and evenly in the tank. Without it you'll have dead zones and hot spots where excess nutrients air settle

It is the actual arm that is permanently attached to the engine housing that is broken, and I can't leave it this way as it moves around and my chromie usually sleeps above it (don't want it to get hurt). Also, where it's broken is at the absolute skinniest place so I don't know that gluing it would work... and I'd be concerned about any chemicals that he glue might deposit in my water. So, I forked out some money for a better quality powerhead.

TeamTrash said:
It is the actual arm that is permanently attached to the engine housing that is broken, and I can't leave it this way as it moves around and my chromie usually sleeps above it (don't want it to get hurt). Also, where it's broken is at the absolute skinniest place so I don't know that gluing it would work... and I'd be concerned about any chemicals that he glue might deposit in my water. So, I forked out some money for a better quality powerhead.

So mail me the broken one I'll fix that in like 2 mins. Lol

You can use super glue. It's a solvent and will not harm your fish and corals. It's used all the time to frag corals and glue rock together. Similar to epoxy, but not as lasting.

Back
Top Bottom