How to do a tear down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AC-X2

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm about to completely redo my 20 gallon with new substrate, decor, plants, etc. How can I do this safely? I don't have any extra tanks to move the fish to, someone said that they put their fish in buckets during this period. I just want my fish to be safe.

Thanks in advance!

I guess I should call this a redo. I read that I can put the aquarium water in buckets and add a air pump to keep the fish in. How long will the fish be ok like that?

for my move i housed the fish in 5 gallon home depot bucket (new). they (total of 9) survived there for 2.5 days, plenty of time to complete your rebuild. second bucked housed the rocks i wanted to keep and the 2 bio-wheels from the filter floating in it.

for my move i housed the fish in 5 gallon home depot bucket (new). they (total of 9) survived there for 2.5 days, plenty of time to complete your rebuild. second bucked housed the rocks i wanted to keep and the 2 bio-wheels from the filter floating in it.

Alright, I'll use two buckets. I have 14 fish in there. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom