Hydro 600 Pro Canister Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zipperfly58

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone, I have the opportunity to buy a Hydor 600 Pro Canister filter used in almost new condition for 75.00. Does anyone have experience with this filter and is it something I should consider buying? Any pros and cons regarding this filter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Buy it! .........That's a great deal.

The 600 has 5 trays so you have a ton of media options and I believe it is rated for up to 150 gallon tanks.

The filter is quiet, effective and is sleek enough that it could be displayed as opposed to keeping it in the cabinet (not that I would, but the point is.. it's a good looking piece of equipment).

Read reviews and you will find those who own this filter have nothing but praise.

I'm thinking I should as well. I am currently running an API XP-L, do you think running both the API and Hydor Pro together on my 55 is an overkill ?

I thought it would but for that price still thinking I should pick up and have a spare canister in hand. I know some people run a HOB filter along with a canister, do you have and recommendations for a HOB to. Use with my canister.

Thanks

I thought it would but for that price still thinking I should pick up and have a spare canister in hand. I know some people run a HOB filter along with a canister, do you have and recommendations for a HOB to. Use with my canister.

Thanks

For hang on the backs I use Aquaclear's - they are very reliable, easy to operate, effective and inexpensive!

Back
Top Bottom