Originally Posted by SonicsDC25
I've seen instances of people doing that and it left behind some kind of nasty parasite, when you have hundreds of dollars worth of fish, it's better safe than sorry. Would be a bit ignorant to spend lots of money on the tank, equipment, substrate, food, and fish then skimp out on cleaning the tank lol. If I did this for my 140G, instead of using $5 or so worth of hydrogen peroxide, I could risk spending a ton more on medication if a parasite was left behind.
well then they obviously didn't do a very good job of cleaning the tank.
The only way that is remotely possible is if the parasite had formed some type of hard cyst and stuck to the glass, then maybe it would survive drying, but then they should also be relatively easy to spot/feel as you clean the inside of the tank.
in 40 odd years I have never personally had any issues with parasites after letting a tank dry completely.