Is this normal for a hob filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Adina said:
tge?
and also should i replace the white filter? nothing is wrong with it and it allows the water to flow through but would i need a filter that would filter out finer particles? (i will also be getting a pre-filter to put over the intake because i plan on getting some cherry shrimp)

Typo I ment the

No need to replace the white filter just the carbon

tge?
and also should i replace the white filter? nothing is wrong with it and it allows the water to flow through but would i need a filter that would filter out finer particles? (i will also be getting a pre-filter to put over the intake because i plan on getting some cherry shrimp)

I believe he meant "the"

The white filter cartridge is fine in there, I would just get a bag of 100% poly-fill from Walmart or some kind of craft store and stuff it between the last cartridge and the biomax.

alright ill do that. but what would the poly-fill be for?

ok. thank you guys :) one last question (that i can think of anyways lol) Is the biomax from aquaclear in a little mesh or net bag? or do i just pour them in there lose?

The biomax comes with a net to put it in. At least I think it does. I jut got am AquaClear filter yesterday and the biomax came with a net bag thing.

Adina said:
ok. thank you guys :) one last question (that i can think of anyways lol) Is the biomax from aquaclear in a little mesh or net bag? or do i just pour them in there lose?

No problem it comes with everything you need

Thank you all :) Will be ordering the new filter media soon. One quick question, as I stated I'm wanting to get a pre-filter for the intake (I plan on getting some shrimp) would this be alright or is there a better option?:
Fluval Edge Pre-Filter Sponge - Filter Media - Fish - PetSmart
And will it restrict the water intake at all? (I could always cut it to be thinner if needed I guess)

victory12 said:
its an aqua-tech 5-15 filter. still dont have any fish so its a clean filter. but i did notice once i lift the blue carbon filter up the water doesnt overflow. so maby its not letting the water flow through the blue filter? like its too think or something. one day ill probably replace the filter but i would rather not have to anytime too soon. if its flowing out of both sides is the water even getting properly filtered?

I'm not sure if it still filters properly. You could always cut the cartridge open and dump the carbon out. That could be whats causing it to overflow somehow.

I had one of these aquatech 15 filters on my 10g and I had constant problems with it overflowing, even with new pads. I ended up ditching the filter pads and just going with filter floss (100% polyfill). It polishes the water nicely and is dirt cheap.

Back
Top Bottom