issues with bubble counter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

akagochi

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought one of those external bubble counters with intake and an out-take valves. I filled the bubble counter with water as directed, but when I turned on the co2 the water was sucked out of the bubble counter. The co2 still diffused in the tank, but I have no idea at what rate since there is no water in the bubble counter. I know this is probably not a unique problem; any feedback is appreciated. I am sooo close!

Kagochi

it sounds like you hooked the lines up in the opposite positions of where they are supposed to be, if your bubble counter is like mine, and most seem pretty similar, you should have the cylinder for the water and a lid that had 2 connections for the co2 lines, from the underside of that lid there should be something like a straw that extends down into the water that is the side that needs to be connected to the co2 source, the incoming co2 travels down the straw and bubbles up through the water, then escapes through the other line connected to the counter and travels to your method of diffusion, if the lines are connected in reverse as I suspect, then the incoming co2 will fill the cylinder forcing the water up and out the straw hence no water and no bubbles to count. hope this helps I tried to be as descriptive as possible but I know I get a little long winded, let me know how it goes

Mr. Manbeast you sir are awesome. I spent all day yesterday emptying out my 55 gallon to redo the substrate (added sand, and redid all the plants). Anyways by the time I finally hooked up the CO2 I was beat tired. Thanks for your help. simple to you, but it;s the help I needed to have everything working.

Best,

KAgochi

Back
Top Bottom