Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-05-2005, 01:30 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewto...150&highlight=

Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:11 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Menagerie-

Thanks a bunch. Next time I will search before posting. More than likely "nothing new under the sun".

Old 04-05-2005, 02:14 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

That was such an old post, but the topic comes up from time to time that I bookmarked it to share with others
Searching for a certain Ebo topic is like looking for a needle in a hay stack

Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:29 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

You are the best.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:58 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

the only problem I have with search is that when you think you have found it and are wrong, you can't click back to the search results you just had, you have to run it over again. Am I right? It gets rather tedious.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:18 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
when you think you have found it and are wrong, you can't click back to the search results you just had, you have to run it over again. Am I right? It gets rather tedious
I agree, and it would be nice to have an (and) function rather than entering two words and getting the (or) function.

After reading my previous post I am sorry if it had a poor underlying tone. Sharing on this forum is very rewarding for many people including myself. My wife is now 8 months pregnant and pretty miserable. I didn't have much patience last night.

anyway, I hope that your problem is fixed, and I have a few questions about inline heaters.

If the power blinks does the water drain and the heater fry? or does it cool down pretty fast? If the pump fails, does the heater fry? I would hope they have temp gauges to shut them down.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:11 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
If the power blinks does the water drain and the heater fry? or does it cool down pretty fast? If the pump fails, does the heater fry? I would hope they have temp gauges to shut them down
If the power goes out, my canisters stop, and the water in the tubes would also be in the inline heater, so it would not be empty. The manual expressly warned about non-verticle postions allowing air bubbles to accumulate as being bad. I can't find the manual for it right now, but i remeber it being described not as heating coils, but ?inked on? heating circuits like in a car windsheild. So if the power goes out, it cools down fast. I have turned off the filters and the heaters at the same time many times, and turned off the filter while the heater was left plugged in on a few occasions, all with no problems. If I find the manual I bet it addresses these concerns. Newer submersible heaters can turn themselves off when not submerged, so I would think it possible an inline heater could be protected too.
I would think that if the water was stagnant in the tubes and the heater it would just turn off since the water would hit the target temp quickly.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:17 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh, and about the search thing, am I missing something with it? When I have done searches, like a hundred threads will come up as hits. I look over the titles, then pick one. Darn, it isn't what I wanted. then I hit the back button, and I don't get the page with the results of threads matching the search I was just looking at. I have to re-run the search exactly and start over. It makes searching for past info rather hard, and I was hoping there was another way. You can make the search only list threads with all your search words (instead of any of them), but if you get more than one hit you have the same dilema.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:04 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
My wife is now 8 months pregnant and pretty miserable.
I feel your pain. Mine is 6 months with our 5th and feeling pretty uncomfortable. With all of them, she starts to snore latter in the pregnancy. I'm not getting much sleep lately and I'm cranky myself.

Glad I didn't have to answer that question on the inline. It's brand spankin new and sitting on my desk ready to install.

Have a good night!
Old 04-06-2005, 01:21 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Activist

5th?????

Aghhhhhhhh!

Tags
eat, eater, heater, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com