Just A Basic Lighting Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes. But I see you mention 40w. I have no idea where you would even get a 20k normal output fluorescent bulb. Maybe they make them...dunno. I used to order Philips TL 40w/03 RS "Aqua Coral" bulbs from my local electric supply for about $15 and you can go to HD or Lowes and buy a 65K daylight bulb for like $4.

As far as PAR on a normal output fluorescent....not much and I doubt anyone ever bothered to test them. There are PAR readings for T5's in that RC thread and PAR for MH on Sanjays site.

So, I don't have to buy any special bulb from my local fish store? I can purchase the same bulb from lowes or home depot?

Also, I plan on doing my new tank totally different than my old one. I plan on using a t-5 unit (after I research them). However, it's still good to know this information.

On my old tank (which is actually a 75 gallon) I'm using a 2 slot lid. Currently there are 2x420 Actinic blue bulbs in there. I need to exchange 1 of those bulbs out for a 65K bulb.....

Back
Top Bottom