Just got my RODI unit from ebay!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought this portable unit last week. Anyone else have it? I'm gonna try to get it installed tonight. So very excited, no more trips to the lfs or publix and lugging 40lb jugs from my car.

0PPM Portable 100GPD Reverse Osmosis RO+DI Water Filter - eBay (item 380255124367 end time Apr-25-11 14:29:53 PDT)

img_1300362_0_2c82dd5c7e1c44058d487b88a536f0a4.jpg

Looks good for what it costs. I've been looking around for a good unit, and I may have to go with this one. Thanks for posting this, wouldn't have run into it otherwise. =D Good luck getting it set up, hope it works good!

Will do! It looks sturdy and worth the 59$ so far. Directions are totally useless but there's a link on their ebay listing that you can print out that's almost idiot proof. I'm gonna prove or disprove that tomorrow. LOL

Highly interested to here the verdict, and hope it works perfectly for you. If it does I will definitely be picking one up for that price.

I got around to hooking it up finally! I attached some pictures of my ghetto setup for now. B/f might mount it in garage for me.

I give this product a thumbs up so far. It was idiot proof to hook up, although I didn't have the in hose fully seated so my garage is now covered in a fine spray of water. lol

I'll update with test results later, I need to flush the system for a few gallons first it says.

img_1301832_0_988e28cf584e5ef7f379873ddbbb94c8.jpg

img_1301832_1_7defe261cf34adf68323dba0184f6c5b.jpg

It's been running bout half an hour and produced 5 gallons of waste water and about 2.5 gallons of pure water so far. I'm guessing yield to be about 5g an hour. Which is perfect for me! Sorry for all the updates just very excited that something is actually working right. LOL

carey said:
It's been running bout half an hour and produced 5 gallons of waste water and about 2.5 gallons of pure water so far. I'm guessing yield to be about 5g an hour. Which is perfect for me! Sorry for all the updates just very excited that something is actually working right. LOL

Please keep the updates coming.

So 2|1 on ro'd water huh? Is that the norm for ro|di water? Is the waste water good for plants/flowers or does it need to be dumped? I'm a noob with RO but want to learn, so sorry for the questions :p.

I've been putting the waste water on some flowers out front lol.

i'm pretty sure that the waste/good ratio is right, I've heard it before.

I tested the water for the following and here are the results:
Amm: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
Phosphates: 0
KH: 53.7 ?
GH: think I have a bad kit. it never changed to green even after putting 20 drops in.
ph: 6.0

One thing you might want to change is at least have the DI filter standing upright to prevent channeling. That stuff is a powder and with water flowing through it it will begin to get compacted somewhat and the water will flow over/around the DI stuff. If you have it upright it will pack "down" so to speak and all water is forced to pass through it. I noticed this on my DI filter after my first fill up.

Did a little re arranging in the garage, have the drain line going outside and moved the unit towards the side entry door. :) I'll probably move it to the back porch going forward so I can water my flowers and watch the fill tank.

So far I have 3 5gallon jugs filled. I don't count the two buckets I dumped of the first water that came out. For me this is perfect, I can spend one day making water for the week and then put the unit away til next time.

Thanks for the updates! Sounds like its a good deal then. =D After reading this, I'll probably go and get the same thing.

I had no trouble at all making 20g of water today. I highly recommend this product, it was super cheap too! let me know if you go ahead and get one!
I will be getting a TDS meter soon and will post the results but I don't expect anything tragic. Woot! No more phosphates! So excited! LOL

I went ahead and bought one also :) I get my 46 bow front on sunday and I really dont wanna lug water in and out of the car , now I can just wait for this to get here :) yay !!

The company on eBay has the replacements. I didn't get any yet, figured I have a few months.

Back
Top Bottom