Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-01-2013, 11:15 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
LED (for a newbie) and heater question

Hi, everyone.

Apologies if these are silly, but I am a total newbie to modern aquariums, so be kind.

I want to get an LED strip for my still-to-be-set-up tank, and I found a really cool one: Aqueon Flexible LED Bubble Wand. Problem is, I am not sure how to plug it in - or, rather, what to plug in into. Am I right in assuming that it's not something you just plug into a regular power strip? There is something about transformers or something?..

Another question: My upcoming tank is a Fluval Edge 12 gal. Which heater do you think works best with those, both power-wise and aesthetics-wise? I found one that seems to be specifically made for it on Amazon, but it doesn't have the best of reviews, and supposedly only keeps the temp at 7 degrees above ambient - which can be a problem for me since I prefer to keep my room temp relatively low, like 65 degrees max.

Thanks for any advice!

Briar Druid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via ICQ to ezy33
The Aqueon Flexible LED Bubble Wand will come with a transformer to power the LEDs. You will need a air pump for the bubbles.

As for the heater don't go cheap! Make sure it's adjustable and go with a name brand. I had a non-adjustable stay on cooking my nano tank.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
ezy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
What are you stocking the tank with?
gravereaper0 is offline   Reply With Quote

eat, eater, heater, led, newbie, question

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com