LED Light Reviews?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amicus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am starting a 29g SW and want to take the plunge into LED lighting. There are so many fixtures out there, does anyone know of any sites that offer reviews on the different brands/types?

Unfortunately at this point in time I think it's really hit or miss. Alot of led's claim to do the job but fall short. The only ones I've seen that have reviews and good word of mouth are really expensive ones. :-(

I just picked up one of these for my new 60g tank. Several other forum members use it as well with good results.

Amazon.com: TaoTronics Hot!/Aquarium Coral Reef Tank White Blue LED Lamb Grow Light 120W-provide light that have the same effect as natural sunlight and hence offers plants a very good growing habitat: Patio, Lawn & Garden

LEDs are great. They not only use less electricity (which is wonderful) but they put out alot of light. They are used for both day and moon lights now. You can grow high light needing corals and everything. I have an LED strip for my 8g biocube and its about the best buy Ive ever made. Oh and they last forever..no more replacing lights every few months :)

I would recommend anyone in the market for LEDs to look at these articles. They give PAR #s at various depths but they also give an idea of what the spread of the light will be.

Back
Top Bottom