Lifegard Aquarium Filters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HOLLIEO

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is anyone familiar at all with the Lifegard/Rainbow/Pentair Aquarium filter line?
Well, this is the deal...
I just aquired a few items :p and I am not sure really how to use them. For example, I have the Chemical Filter, the Mechanical filter, the fluidized bed filter, the heater module, the ultraviolet sterilizer, and two submersible Quiet One pumps (a 4000 and a 1200). I am planning to run some of these if not all on my 50 gallon Southern Painted Turtle and 4 Goldfish tank.
Does any one have suggestions on what of these items would be beneficial to use? and does the pump sit outside with the equiptment or should it be in the tank water?
How do I connect the equiptment together? Do I use a pipe type connection or Flexible tubing?
Of course the instructions with the equiptment said nothing really, so that is why my post. I know there is someone out there who has had to come into dealing with this equiptment before?!?!? Right??? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom