lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bosnianblood69

Aquarium Advice Freak
so i have a odyssea lighting set and my cf and t5 got to one 120volt plug but have no internal
ballast so if i was to add a external ballast would i use a 2x54 watt ballast (i have 2 54watt t5 and 1 130 watt cf) or what would i do? would i have to install internal ballast that both connect to the 1 120volt wall plug or would i have to redo it and have them on seprate 120volt wall plugs and use external ballast? someone please help

I know nothing about those specific lights you have but since no one has replied yet figrued I would. My first question would be do they work as is? If if not what happened to make them quit if you have an idea? If they do work what are you trying to accomplish adding ballasts? If you can post an exact model for the lights? as diffrent models may have diffent requirements or a few pictures with any covers removed so I can see the exact setup. After a quick google search it seems most Odyssea lights have an external ballast that screws into the side of the light between it and the plug. It also appears the odyssea lights are notorious for burning up ballasts as most of the pages I saw when I searched were about bad ballasts.

yes i found out it needs a ballast for the t5's and i ordered new ballast not a odyessa might have to drill a hole or too but my problem is that my t5 and my cp both go to the same plug so idk how it would work

Unless I'm picturing something totally diffrent I can't imagine they would both be abke to be put on the one ballast. Hard to say what to do without seeing it or being able to look it up. I'd hate to tell you to try it one way and end up frying your lights

Back
Top Bottom